Thursday, September 08, 2005


You wouldn't believe how many interviewers have asked about my "personal life" whether I have kids or not. Geesh. I've just started making up stories about it to experiment with creating expressions on people's faces.

"Yes, I have children but my first husband watches them for me every other day so I won't have to leave work early all the time to pick them up from school. He's such a jewel. Isn't he such a jewel?"

Anyway, whatever. Women have it hard. All I know is--it scares the dickens out of me when I realize the implications of being asked such a question.

And women get a bad rap for wanting to "have it all." Oh please. Have it all? Have it all my ass. Anyway. I admire all of the women who work their fingers to the bone to help provide for their children because no one else is taking dual responsibility. And I feel sorry that their efforts are misinterpreted as trying to "have it all." To all of you who are in this boat--I wish you the best of luck and continued tenacity to survive.