Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving and Other Things

Dear Blogging Friends:

It was nice to get a break for Thanksgiving. It is so odd how life keeps happening over and over again. I can remember all of the ups and downs from my childhood--the anticipation of Thanksgiving to the anticipation of Christmas, then to spring break then to summer, and finally the start of a whole new school year where I would be one year closer to the end of my life.

Life just keeps going and going and going.

It is ok, except for the fact that growing up is quite a shock. I always wanted to grow up, but now I am stuck between then and now. I can't quite find my place in a world where older people see youth in my face and I see youth in the face of those even younger than me.

There are so many things that flip sides so quickly. Today I judged auditions for a highschool play and remembered the weight of when I had stood before others who had already earned the power to determine a future. It was surreal.

There are so many things that I have not yet done. I feel there are things left unsaid, creativities left unborn. And I am entering a new phase of life where children start having children.

I am just like you. One day there was still time left to dream, but today--I must start acting upon being who I imagine myself to be.

I am so surprised by the number of people who have left notes saying, "where are you." I'm not even missed like that in the world outside of virtual reality. Interesting. I will visit your sites tonight and catch up.

Anna