Friday, November 04, 2005

Parody on my writing: By My Mother

Here is a poem my mom wrote to me in 2004 as a parody of my writing. She was trying to be funny, but it made me feel good that she actually could mimic something about me and she was right on. Leave comments and I will share them with her.

Why?
Why?
Why?
Why build me up
to tear me down
and leave me
lying on the ground

Nowhere to go
Nowhere to turn
only for understanding
I did yearn.

Nothing
Making sense
Nothing
Making sense
Nothing
Nothing
In the Dark
Chasm of my soul
there are things
yet untold.

Why?
Why?
Why?

Do kids
make parent's cry
and ask the question
Why?
Why?
Why?

Dark is deep
and deep is dark
there are things
that make us weep.

Is the answer
anywhere?
anywhere?
anywhere?

Will I know
before the dawn
or is it still
the night alone?

The night alone
where I've gone
because of what
I have known?