Thursday, January 05, 2006

THE MOST AWESOME MUSIC TOOL EVER

Hi Everyone,

I know it has been a while. The holidays have been really, really busy. There is a lot that I want to tell you and I will take the time later this evening probably. I also need to catch up on everyone. Hope you are all doing well. To those who have stayed in touch despite the hectic season---I really appreciate it!

This post is to thank BUD Buckley for sending me the most awesome musical invention ever. I have taken piano lessons since third grade, that is over 12 years of piano lessons-- and nothing has ever made so much theoretical musical sense to me! I can now play songs in every key and know which chords work with which chords, with a simple tool right at my finger tips. No cumbersome books, no confusing chord charts, no gobbedly gook, nerdy explanations.

This is a visual tool that helps you play the right chords instantly.

I have always had the problem of going to my grandparent's old fashioned church where they say on the cuff in a redneck accent, "let's get this in the key of Aflat major minor accidental third." Ok. That is a bit of an exaggeration. But now, I feel like I could play the piano at their church with no problem, because of this tool.

I haven't been so excited about a product since, mannn, I can't even think of something that has proven to be as beneficial as this new tool will prove to be, in my career and everyday feeling of "holding my own" in the world of music.

I would suggest that anyone reading this blog, that is into music, whether it be the playing the piano or guitar, or even if you are just a vocalist---EVERYONE, should put an order in for this product from Bud.

As soon as I get this month's paycheck, I am going to put in a order for everyone in my family.

Ok, I'll stop now. It's just that this is kind of emotional for me too. I have spent years feeling inferior for not being able to understand how "it all works." I have sat in piano lesson after piano lesson bug eyed, mindlessly shaking my head to theory lessons that I never though I would be able to use in a practical way.

This tool is what I need to do what I need to do.

Just this Sunday, my pastor asked me to transpose something that was too high for the men in the congregation to sing. NOW---I do not laugh at the idea. I am going to find a suitable key, using the tool that Bud sent.

Ok, I'll stop now. Thank you for taking the time to send your brilliant invention Bud! I will get the word out with everyone I know.

And to everyone else, thanks for listening to my spill. I am just so excited, that's all.

I will visit your blogs and catch up real soon.

Anna