Saturday, October 08, 2005

Being Real


I have been reading Chase's Blog lately. She is so real. And I see a really huge difference between what she posts and what I post. I don't know if I'm becoming ultra paranoid or what---but I want to be more of THAT. I feel like I am all constricted and tied up. I am so fearful of people. Ok, but here I am talking about how I FEEL. About what I EXPERIENCE. About what I NEED and WANT. And yet I disguise myself behind some analogy or symbolism.

Why is personal transparency often mistaken for haughtiness?

I can't stop.
I feel like I'm in a really selfish place lately.
There are so many things bugging me on the inside and I feel like the shoddy hut in "The Three Little Pigs." I could be blown over just like that. Just with one huff and one puff, and I'm down.

Some people just seem like nothing ever bothers them...like they can tell someone else "you look like you've put on a little weight" as if what they are saying will have no negative impact at all--because it's the truth.

The person that HAS put on a lot of weight actually, doesn't say anything because they already feel powerless. This happens over and over again. And the person goes waddling home from landblasted self esteem.

Until one day----they've had enough!
It isn't that they never saw the flaws of the other person. It is that they never wanted to point them out, because they know what it feels like to be hurt over and over again.

But one day, this person has it UP TO HERE.

They look back at the artificial flake standing across from them and say, "Did anyone ever tell you that there is not one real bone in your body, that you could only dream for a heartfelt substance that weighs an inth as much as I do?"

The response?
"Oh, so you're fat AND sloppy! YOU need to learn how to talk to someone like ME. You need to learn that you can't just talk to someone like me, like that. You need to learn humility. Maybe you are fat because you are too prideful to admit you have a problem!"

There is no winning here.
This can turn into a really helpless situation.
So my question is, who is more right? They are both being honest! How do you deal with a situation like this? What do you think?