Monday, September 26, 2005

Short Term Value Meal

Posted by Picasa Only 99 cents worth of stray change will purchase enough heart burn to disturb a good night's rest and enough fat to keep local artery roto rooters in business. Before you mistake me for a self-righteous vegan or something like that, hear me out. I just finished a short term value meal from Wendy's. There is just too much temptation to go for fast food that ONLY has super short term value. I don't have a sermon for you or any cutting edge double dare diets. I just want to tell you how I feel when I eat a short term value meal. UCK. ICK. YUCK. I mean, in the moment it feels good. Especially when I load the fries, potatoes, burgers, salads--just load it all down with condiments galore. And I do. Everytime. By the way, I have learned that you will get more ketchup at the drive through by saying, "could you please give me a handful of ketchup" as opposed to "could I please have LOTS of ketchup." Anyway, start to think with me..."How would my life be better if I consistently ate long term value meals instead of #5 with cheese at Wendy's?" ps. Please don't send me accolades for choosing to think long term. This is just a fleeting thought/concept that may or may not affect my every day actions.